Wake Up Make Up

Thursday 25 April 2013

Hi everyone! Apologies again that it's been a week since my last post, I will probably only be able to get a couple of posts up per week until the 8th when I finish uni  as my work experience is really, really hectic at the moment! Today I thought I'd do a post that seems very appropriate for my life at the moment and that's make up that makes me look more awake.

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation £29, MAC Soft & Gentle £21.50, Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer £5.99, Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara £7.99

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in BR20 - As you can probably tell from the picture, I absolutely love this foundation! I'll be honest and say, it isn't the best in terms of lasting power on my combination skin but honestly, the finish is so beautiful and illuminating that it's the only foundation I don't always need concealer with on an everyday basis. It really brightens the skin without making me look shiny and I love how vast the colour range is as this is the best foundation match I've tried.

MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle - A cult product for highlighting but I actually love this most as an eyeshadow to really brighten up my whole face. I do like this as a highlighter but recently I've found that when I catch my reflection I really hate seeing glitter on my face so I'm definitely on the look out for a more sheeny highlight if anyone has any recommendations! I will definitely continue using this as it's so so nice as the perfect champagne eyeshadow and I love how awake it can make me look.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer - I don't think I need to rave about this again as I already did a full review here but this is the best concealer high end or high street that I have ever ever used. It's so, so brightening and offers a bit of coverage too without drying my undereye area, creasing or looking cakey. I would never be without this now, it's the perfect concealer.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara - This mascara is really good at giving me full, long and slightly curled lashes. I have naturally very straight lashes and I have to say this stuff is one of the best mascara's I've used that actually holds a curl in them! It really opens up my eyes and makes my lashes look so nice, the only slight gripe is that it sometimes smudges though a lot of people who don't have such sensitive eyes haven't had that problem and bare in mind every mascara smudges on me!

Rimmel Eyeliner in Nude - This isn't pictured as it just ran out but this is great for putting along the waterline to make your eyes appear a lot whiter and brighter. It's super cheap and works beautifully as well as lasting all day.

I'd love to know what make up products you use to give you that awake look and again, if anyone has any sheen type highlighters to recommend me I'd be so greatful! x

25 comments:

  1. I love the YSL Touché Eclat foundation- I've just recently got it but it's so illuminating and gives such a dewy finish. I really need to try the Rimmel concealer soon x x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac Cream Colour base gives a gorgeous sheen highlight thats glitter free. I use it atm but really want to try the Soft &Gentle one x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will have to check them out when I have money again, thank you! x

      Delete
  3. definitely taking these tips on board! I have three weeks of placement coming up for uni and will definitely be needing some serious miracle workers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo good luck! i'm definitely looking a lot more tired since starting mine haha x

      Delete
  4. Nice picks! I've heard such great things about the YSL foundation- glad you're loving it! Even though I have oily skin it might be a nice option when I don't need all-day wear, but instead want to look luminous for just a few hours :) And I love using MAC MSFs as eye shadows. The perfect way to brighten up the lids! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it lasts ok, just not as well as some of my others! is nice mixed with other foundations too x

      Delete
  5. Great post. I'm definitely going to give that concealer a go!


    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I currently have MAC Soft and Gentle on my wishlist, I never even thought about using it as an eyeshadow! Great idea x
    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's beautiful as an eyeshadow, definitely try it! x

      Delete
  7. I've really been lusting after mac soft & gentle, but waiting for stereo rose to come back in too! & other stories do a really good non-glittery highlighter :) love your blog

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. had a look today but only found two called shimmering highlights and they were glittery! do you remember what it was called? xx

      Delete
  8. I totally know what you mean about Soft and Gentle, it's SO easy to use too much but a tiny amount can look stunning I think. I need a new undereye concealer actually, I've totally ran out of my Collection one. I've actually been using my Match Perfection foundation under my eyes and it's been working well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so easy to overdo it, I find it is a bit obviously glitterball on me unfortunately even with a light hand! x

      Delete
  9. I love this idea for a post as I always need waking up in the mornings! I have a sample of the YSL foundation and love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never used YSL Touche Eclat Foundation, I am always on the look out for foundations though, with dry skin my options are limited. I do like the feel of Bobbi Brown moisture rich foundation, my favourite high end one at the moment.

    I really like NARS blush in "Orgasm" just on the apple of my cheeks, I usually pop a little on with fingers over foundation just as a simple pick-me-up that takes seconds to apply!

    beautybaggage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice! :) YSL would probably be good for dryer skin types, you should try out a sample! x

      Delete
  11. This is the best mascara, makes my lashes look great.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. could you review rimmel lash accelerator? I need a good drugstore mascara and It sounds really good!
    thanks!!
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete