Mini Life Update & Current Favourites!

Sunday 29 September 2013



Hi everyone! Thought I would do a quick post on an update of what's being going on and why I haven't been posting as regularly as of late. In a nutshell, it's been a very hectic few weeks consisting mainly of working a lot. As some of you may know my actual job is at Space NK part time but I also work at a festival in Surrey called Redfest over the summer doing interviewing which took up a lot of time to prepare for and then work a lot whilst I was there. It was a really exciting weekend consisting mainly of making some new friends, partying in the pit watching Bastille and meeting some of my favourite artists and was such an amazing time which gave me serious post festival blues! In other exciting news I also found out the other day that I'll be doing an internship at Harpers Bazaar's beauty department next Summer which I am so, so excited for as it's pretty much my dream to work at a magazine as a beauty writer one day. So just thought I should offer a slight explanation of why i've been so terrible with updating my blog lately and hope you all understand! I'm now back to blogging as much as I can whilst finishing my last year at uni and glad to finally be back :)

I thought since it had been such a break, I would talk about some of my current favourites.

 Illamasqua Blush in Tremble (£18) - I got this a while ago when Illamasqua did a flash sale of all the products for 50% off totally on a whim and it's quickly become one of my all time favourite blushes. It's the perfect matte corally pink shade that I find so flattering in any season providing the perfect flush to the cheeks. The quality is amazing too, it's extremely pigmented so I barely need any, lasts a really long time on the cheeks and weirdly smells incredible! 

MAC Blush in Harmony (£18) - I love this as a great multi purpose product as I use it as a contour and a blush. It's a really nice shade, not too warm or cool and a nice mid tone brown so works nicely to provide a matte shadow in the contours or used lightly as a blush if I have a heavy eye look or bold lip on.

Topshop Eyeshadow Trio in Orion (£14) - Other than my MAC palette which I obviously put together myself it's safe to say that this is my all time favourite eye palette. I cannot fault these shadows at all, they are perfect shimmery shades and amazing quality too. There's a deep purple/aubergiene colour, a cross between a golden silvery shade and a light champagne which allow for so many different but beautiful looks. They are so pigmented and wearable and I can see me reaching for this even more in Autumn/Winter. 




























Hydraluron (£24.99) - I have to admit that I totally gave into the hype with this one! I put off buying it for the longest time due to the slightly high end price tag but decided to cave when Boots recently had it for a third off and I'm so glad I did. This stuff is definitely my new addiction, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated the next day and has really helped balance out my skin's condition also. Love!

YSL Babydoll Mascara (£24.50) - Another blogger influenced purchase! I've been lusting over YSL mascara's for as long as I can remember as I've not really tried many high end mascara's and theirs have always looked amazing on other people so I decided to bite the bullet and try it out. This is definitely one of my favourites, it adds so much length and volume whilst holding a curl pretty well in my abnormally straight lashes.

Loreal Super Liner Perfect Slim (£6.99) - I'd spent so many years avoiding ever wearing liquid liner due to my terrible technique but when a lovely rep from By Terry came into store and taught me exactly how to do it I was determined to practice and master it, even if it took me years! I've been wearing it everyday and finding that this one being a pen has really helped me to get it quite even. I'm by no means perfect but i've really enjoyed the challenge and this liner a lot.

Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil in Brownie Points (£10) - I'm always on the hunt for products that give me the perfect natural yet thick brow look and I've been so impressed with this. It has a felt tip pen on one end and a waxy pencil on the other which may sound a bit scary but it does such an amazing job. I especially love the pen end as it doesn't come out a really dark, unflattering colour but more of a lightish buildable cool toned brown that helps imitate hairs where needed and draw a precise outline of the shape I need my brows to be. I then take the other end or my Hourglass Brow Sculptor and just feel in any sparse areas and I feel like my brows are better than they've ever been, it's amazing!

Please let me know what your favourites have been, I feel I'm so behind on beauty products lately and would love to hear what you've all been loving!

8 comments:

  1. Ah, fun picks! Illamasqua Tremble really looks incredible- can't go wrong with a soft coral cheek :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to buy all these now! I love the Topshop palette, so lovely. xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been eying up the Hydraluron since seeing it everywhere. Glad too hear another success story. Been loving the new Cover =girl Clean Whipped Creme matte foundation...are you a foundation person?

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that topshop palette too, i dropped mine and smashed it so definitely need to buy a new one!

    www.SushineMalone.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post, there are sooo many products there I want to try! Gorgeous!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked up Hydraluron too a few days and I'm in love with it! I definitely gave into the hype too, there were just too many good reviews! :) x

    overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only Topshop Palette I have is called Atmosphere. I wish I got the one you have it seems so much more wearable, I don't ever really use mine :(.

    Love your blog! I just found it!

    http://rosesonnoses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete