Makeup Forever HD Foundation Review + Photos!

Thursday 3 July 2014



Hey guys! Today I wanted to review a long-time love of mine, the Makeup Forever HD Foundation. As you may have seen in other posts, this is my number one foundation of choice for any nights out or photo occasions and here's why.

First of all, the range of shades is so wide that I can imagine that almost everyone could find a colour to match them. This is something I find is so rare in foundations as a whole, with most only catering for light-medium skins, completely ignoring fair or darker tones. My shade is 110 Pink Porcelain and it's a perfect match, down to shade and tone which gave it it's first brownie points from me. 

The coverage is medium-full which is another factor I always look for in a evening foundation as I tend to go really red as soon as I'm hot or drink alcohol (not so attractive). I'll be honest and say, it's not the most natural looking finish of all my bases but it isn't overly obvious of cakey either. As long as you moisturize your skin properly, it glides over any problem areas with ease and covers redness perfectly.

Onto the longevity, the Makeup Forever HD Foundation succeeds again. I rarely find myself touching this up, it really does last for hours, which has been particularly handy on days such as my graduation where I had a lot of photos taken and not a lot of time to be reapplying makeup. Definitely one of my longer lasting foundations.

But the real winning point of this foundation, is the actual finish in photography, what it's made for. Here is where it 100% delivers! As you'll see in the photographs below, it really makes the skin appear completely flawless, especially when you note that none of the photos have been at all edited in any way.




The foundation is pretty hard to get your hands on in the UK, I managed to pick mine up from this site. It is around £6 more expensive than the States unfortunately but the product is certainly worth it and I for one will always have it in my collection.

Have you tried this foundation? What other Makeup Forever products would you recommend? 

Also, if you haven't already check out my blog sale

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're loving this one! The combination of fuller coverage with a more natural-looking finish sounds perfect to me. Have a great weekend, Katherine! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this foundation, ive heard amazing things! Lovely review! Just followed you on bloglovin :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible on your skin! Sounds like the perfect night out foundation :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete