Today I fancied doing something a little different from usual for me, a tag post. I often watch a lot of these on Youtube and they seem like a lot of fun so when I saw The Beauty Scenario Tag going around I knew I definitely wanted to have a go at answering the questions myself so without further ado, lets get started.
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
Bases are definitely my make up addiction so this is so difficult for me! I'd have to go for my current favourites which actually both BB creams. For high end, my pick would be the Benefit Big Easy. It's long lasting, not too heavy and does a really good job of covering any redness. The only negative is that the shades lean very yellow but as long as I bronze up my neck a little it doesn't cause too many issues. For drugstore, my current pick would be the Maybelline BB Cream as it provides a light, dewy finish for summer without needing to be powdered too often.
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I'd like to think I would mention it in a light-hearted manner but once I was put in this situation I would most likely be too worried about offending her! It's one of those things that I wouldn't 100% be sure of until it was happening.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
Lately I've sort of strayed away from lipsticks and been obsessed with using more on my eyes for dramatic looks but my go to lipstick when I want to wear anything is always MAC Patisserie. It's a gorgeous pinky slightly beige toned nude and I just find it's always flattering either on it's own or under a gloss. For a brighter shade, I love MAC Ruby Woo, an absolute classic red that always perks me up if I'm feeling like I look a bit worse for wear!
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
This is a funny one for me as I didn't actually wear any make up at all until I was 18. I started wearing it after discovering beauty channels on YouTube and certainly improved once I started wearing mascara and doing my brows slightly! So the only thing I may have done differently is discover lighter make up sooner and start straightening my hair sooner too, so many frizzy hair pictures!
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
After an absolutely horrific short hair cut when I was 12 years old, I would definitely cry if my hair was ever short again. It was honestly the worst I've ever looked! As much as I wish I was someone who could pull it off, I definitely can't. That being said, I would have to say something but I wouldn't complain in an overly rude manner no matter what had happened.
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
For a longer trip, I would 100% say my MAC eyeshadow palette but since it's only 4 days I think I'd grab my trusty Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. It covers all over the lid colours, crease colours, a brow shade and an eyeliner shade too so this is often my palette of choice when I'm travelling.
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
This one is easy for me, my most expensive item, my MAC palette. I would be pretty sad if that much money on 19 shadows all went to waste but everything else would be a lot easier to replace (bit by bit of course).
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
I definitely wouldn't do option c) as that seems really petty. I think with this it would totally depend on how much I'd paid for the product. If it was something cheap, I would probably pretend I didn't notice and buy it again another time and just remember not to lend them my things again. But if it was something more expensive then I would have to say something and hopefully they would offer to repurchase it!
I'd love to know if you guys would have answered differently to me in any way, or if any of you have done this tag yourself! Let me know in the comments below your thoughts. Also, I still have a blogsale going on which now has lowered prices so be sure to check that out if you're interested :)